Friday 26 April 2013

Sea Change

Sea change
I was walking home few hours ago down one of Sydney suburban streets. The weather is magnificent today, sunny and warm. I was deep in thoughts when I suddenly noticed sound the autumn leaves were making under my steps.  Trees in Sydney are mainly evergreen and this is not that often I hear this shoo, shoo, shoo sound while walking. And a reflexion came up related to going the next week to Gdansk again. I will stay there till end of September. I do not have much to look forward regarding the trip. It will be a trip which, I hope, will move me from The End of a Chapter to A New Beginning.  For now I am in limbo, in no-man’s land, in transition.

                                           

On reflection, there is something to look forward to and I am starting to focus on My New Beginning rather than likely problems. The future is unknown, but this is fine with me, a bit of mystery is quite exiting.
I am going into Polish spring which is a wonderful part of the year in any country but in Poland after the long months of bad weather, cold, snow, blizzards, frost, icicles, spring explodes in its full beauty. Everything starts to bloom. Beautiful Polish girls who turn their faces to sun whenever they can catch a moment of sunshine. They bloom... I find Polish young girls very beautiful. They are elegant, stylish, boldly dressed sometimes or even looking sporty these days. This is a new European and worldly version of Polish people. Sporty is new to the country. They are like a bouquets of spring flowers.
The nature competes with beautiful girls in its magnificence; so many spring flowers are in abundance now. My favourite lilacs, growing in Gdansk garden wild and profusely, lily of the valley I will be buying in big bunches soon, tulips in all colours which one buys not less than 20 at a time to show them off to their full glory. Polish buy flowers often and not only well to do people think flowers are essential. I have seen people not looking affluent at all buying flowers in big bunches when I was hesitating if I should indulge myself buying a small bouquet of violets or sweat pea.  I have learned to behave like a Polish person who I really am, at least some of the time.
                                        

I can see clearly now how lucky I am to be able to travel from autumn to spring and then back to spring again. This makes me look at the trip’s positive, uplifting sides rather than the reverse. And maybe it will not be that bad after all?

2 comments:

  1. Flowers are nice, aren't they? Do buy some. Indulge yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna in Poland. Your travels in the space and among the seasons realy impress me.I wait you in Villennes a cuple of months later. It'll be nice to see french flowers in autumn. Is it allowed to write in polish or french here? ECC

    ReplyDelete