Wednesday 18 December 2013

Returning to blogging

I have had a long break in writing. When I look for excuses, I find some.

My readers had problems to leave their comments. I tried to change the situation but for a long while to no avail. I believe that it is now corrected but I am not sure if my new solution is not dependent on the technical internet setup of the reader.

Then I wanted to concentrate on my internet presence as a career transition coach. I considered blogging as a time consuming interruption in what is most important to me – coaching as an ability to help others to live better, happier, more fulfilling lives.

There was also another, perhaps the most important reason for not writing. I came back home to Sydney and my Polish inspirations disappeared. I still am not certain what I will be “observing” now. I feel like I need a theme. I had not intended to write about Poland when I started blogging but as I found myself in Poland and friends showed some interest in the country I started to see things I had not been aware of earlier and I wrote about them.

For years I considered myself 100% Australian, ignoring what I have been recently reminded of – my heavy foreign accent. The accent has become more pronounced after my sojourns in Poland. At the same time staying in Poland for extended periods of time made me re-discover the beauty and character of my home country.

I am reading Diaries of Judy Cassab. Famous Australian painter of Hungarian background. She writes about herself and migrants in general: “Without the familiar background no one is quite themselves, not in the eyes of the other or in their own. If one rebels too strongly one destroys one’s soul. If one gives in, one stops living. Is there a solution at all?”

This sounds very dramatic to me but still, I recognise some of my dilemmas in what she writes.

So what I intend to write about, what will be objects of my observations and musing? Not sure yet.


However, I promise myself to blog regularly from now on. I may find my theme in time.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations. You have made a start with this post by just sitting before the computer and starting. That is all that it takes to blog. I speak from personal experience. If I sit before the WP back end page, the ideas come. I look forward to reading many blogs from you. I promise to comment in all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And coming to the split personality syndrome as I call it, what happens to you happens to me whenever I go to Tamil Nadu which is my ancestral state though I was born here in Maharashtra where I have been living uninterruptedly since 1990. People in Tamil Nadu find my Tamil strange and usually laugh when I struggle to find words but I get by enough to have a good time when I am there. That is all that matters! On the other hand, the locals here enjoy bantering with me finding it incredible that I can fluently converse with them in their language. I enjoy that too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very happy, Ramana, that I eventually made my comments work. Your promise to comment will make me write with more interest. I hope your approach to just sit and write will work for me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the split personality has its pluses. It widens our horizons even if confuses a little. I am actually happy to be confused that way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back on line, AC. Now that you have solved the comment problem, more is expected!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No pressure? Hmm... I'll do my best

    ReplyDelete