Wednesday 1 July 2015

Creative Blogger Award

Ramana has nominated me for the Creative Blogger Award.  It was totally unexpected and I am surprised, honoured and challenged by this nomination.  Thank you very much Ramana.

I was informed that, there are rules to accepting the Creative Blogger Award are:

1.             Thank and post the link of the person who nominated you.
2.             Share 5 facts about yourself to your readers.
3.             Nominate 10-20 blogs and notify them.
4.             Pass on the rules.

I will not be able to nominate 10-20 blogs, sorry. I may increase the number over time while starting with a small number. The quality of the blogs nominated by my is, however, outstanding. It should compensate for a smaller number than requested.

Five facts about me.

1.  I have dual nationality Polish and Australian. This confuses me at times as far as my identity is concerned. Today I am more Polish than Australian as for the next three months I will live in Poland. In September this will change and I will be more Australian again.

2.  I love reading and my taste is eclectic as well as Ramana’s. Those days I read and love Karl Ove Knausgaard – a new Proust of Norwegian nationality. He has written a lot so I will concentrate on his writing for a while!

3.  I have been a left brain person with type A personality for many years, but since I saw the light I focus on spiritual side of life and try to cure stress related ailments accumulated over many years of my too busy IT career.
4.  I want to write and publish three books – On Purpose, On Values and Pages of My Life. Ambitious? Yes, too much perhaps but it feels good to think about it.

5.  Sense of Humour is one of my core values.

I nominate the following bloggers for the award.

1. Hans the Hiker – Hans brought hiking to a very high level. He is a serious walker and a serious traveler. He plans to walk Camino and when he goes on holiday it is a whole year affair. His blogs have fantastic pictures of his extensive travels and walks. He publishes several blogs, information about all them is all under the above address. 

2. Personal Reflections – this is a very professional blog, the political and economical posts are very well researched, insightful and objective. From time to time a reader can find more personal posts, the ones related to New England Of Australia have a special personal touch.



3. Child of Comunism  – this is a foreign language blog but I am told that Google automatic translation is very good. Two men are writing separate stories about their early lives in communistic Poland. Their stories should be really read from the earliest post to the latest one as they chronological. When the guys are done with the blogging task, they will publish it as a book. I think it will be very interesting not only for Poles. 

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for this compliment, AC. I will respond later in the week. Meantime, more stories from Poland please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big thanks for mentioning my blog. It is in Polish so unfortunately not accessible to non-Polish readers. On the other hand - the topic is not popular in Polish circles as for some strange reasons Poles would prefer to erase period 1945-88 from the memory. It does not discourage us from writing. In most cases people write memories just for themselves.
    I checked google translator on few sections - it is trying hard, unfortunately we are using lots of terms specific to these times and places so the final effect is rather confusing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi pharlap. I was able to read your blog via Google translate and enjoyed the pieces you have both written.I didn't have problems in understanding, partly because I know AC's background. Would it help if I took some of your translated pieces and edited them from an English perspective? Perhaps put them up on an English language blog or give to you to do that? I can understand the Polish reluctance, but you both, AC and I all write from our personal perspectives. .

      Delete
    2. Hi pharlap, before I put your blog up I got Jim's positive view on translation of your posts. My translation stopped working for some unknown reason, but I trust Jim. Let's see how it works. I like your blog for many reasons and one of them is that you write about times that I do want to remember and you write about is so well. How far are you planning to go with your memories? I agree that we write mainly for ourselves. We still publish so perhaps we have an intention to let our stories be known.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for accepting the award and following the rules. I have no doubts that in time you will be able to nominate more bloggers for such awards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AC and Jim - I feel honoured with effort you both put into reading my memories. Thank you both very much, it is quite encouraging.
    As AC mentioned, blog is not a proper format for memories as the reader should read it in reverse order. For authors, and there are two, it is a very motivating tool. If we were to write it as a complete work we would have never progressed so far. How far are we planning to go? We do not set any limits. Logically, my links with communist system ended when I settled down in Australia, but maybe not - when I reached noble age of 65 I received an age pension from Poland for my years of work under the old regime. My friend was actively involved in Solidarity activities in years 1981-85. so there is still a lot to tell.
    We expect to reorganize our memories on proper order and format at some stage. Only then we may consider translation, but to make sense to contemporary readers the text will have to be expanded with some backgrounf information.
    Thank you both very much for your interest and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lech (and Tadeusz). Your stuff is good. The blog format is difficult, I know that because I am trying to do some of the things as you. The point is that you are getting the raw material down. You must do that. Then you have a base to work from.

    ReplyDelete