Saturday 1 April 2017

Blogging again

Here I am again. Looks like nobody has missed me. On reflection, this is not surprising, but does not do much to my comfort and self-esteem. I am writing it tounge in cheek (or almost) and I must say that I got an email from a friend who noticed my lack of posts. Thank you, Hans, for your email which restored my better mood.
The reason for such a long break was the lack of a computer. I poured a glass of water over my wonderful Sony Vio and it died on me. I have been missing it for quite a while and I think it will remain in my memory as my favourite computer. Now I entered into a Lenovo time. First, I had to wait for it for quite a long time. It was longer than reasonable but the story is not that interesting to write about it. Now, I am getting used to it and discover one disappointment after another related to its looks, ease of use and functionality. It has been less than one week since we are together and even if I may get used to it and discover few nice things about it, it is not the love from the first sight.
Last Monday when I was ready to restart my blogging presence I was taken unexpectedly to the hospital. It was a bit dramatic as events including ambulance usually are and I was not given time to collect my essentials like my journal or basic cosmetics. The fact is that I was not up to using any of it the first night spent in the emergency ward.
Now few days down the track I got my computer and I definitely feel warmer towards it after not having it again for some days. My wonderful neighbours brought the essentials and spending the weekend in the hospital is not so bad after all. I even feel marginally better. No plans for getting home yet, maybe in two or three days?
In the meantime, I have wonderful books to read: The Hare with the Amber Eyes, We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves, The City of Falling Angels and my good and faithful thoughts of Stoics compiled and commented on by a young Polish philosopher Piotr Stankiewicz. I am having really a good, constructive time. The books inspire me to plan the future activities and re-discovery of the meaning of life. Maybe not that grand as the meaning of life but I look at my future in a more optimistic way and I am excited about my activities: writing, reading, reflecting and improving my living conditions. This is really about clearing my home from all unnecessary stuff. I know that I have been thinking, promising myself and writing how I will do that but so far, my results are not that impressive. When I get home, I will go through my files and threw out as much as I possibly can. This is a good job for physically weak person, I am going to be when I return. No more promises, for now, just the first step. It feels good even if the start may be modest, but it will be a start.
I will be back soon, this is just another quick start for which I do not set myself high goals. Just to re-start blogging and this is it.

P.S. I just had a visit of the cardiologist and it looks that I may be going home on Monday! Wow and hurrah! Not certain but possible and this makes me happy.

5 comments:

  1. Had been wondering where you went. Pleased to see the surgeon has not removed your sense of humor, or your self-deprecation.

    All the best!
    kvd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, kvd, you noticed! Be careful my self-deprecation may disappear. Would you believe that I actually know my value and quite like myself. I should at least :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did miss you and wondered why you were not responding to my comments on your post on Manchester by the Sea. I thought that perhaps you had gone off to Poland!

    I am sorry to hear about your illness but am glad that you are on the mend. Get well soon and all the very best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read your comment on Manchester by the Sea but on the iPhone without a possibility to respond, now I can not find it on your blog, but I remember that you felt similar to me about the film and that it moved you. I have relaxed about my sometimes too personal views leading to your disappointments. I also know that you make your own decisions so it is not my fault anyhow, but I was so much brought up with guilt that it still comes up :)

    I remember that you wanted the film to continue the story, but and I understand that, but I am not sure it would work in this case. The main character is doomed to live with his profound guilt.

    Thank you for your good wishes, I am improving but I do not think I will go home today. I have the old heart arrhythmia problems now combined with a cough. The mixture of problems has kept me under monitors for one week and the contradicting medications do not help. I see the light in the tunnel though. Reading the book about stoics helps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed you, but somehow it did not occur to me to think about medical reasons.
    I wish you good recovery, full strength and energy after return home.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete