Sunday 18 November 2018

Synchronicity and all that



I have not written for quite a long while. One of the reasons is that my world has shrank and the subjects for writing shrank with it to only a small list. Another reason is that I am very reluctant to write about my current areas of interest as I do not want to get too sad or dramatic. I have hinted before that I have health problems and they are serious. People say that I am brave, strong and such things. I do not see myself in such light, but hope to remain to be a practicing stoic in the time I have left. See how dramatic I suddenly sound when I write about some of my current thoughts. Sense of humour was always important to me, but there are times that jokes can become bad taste. Will I find the right balance?

This morning I got another prompt from one of my readers (how grand it sounds “one of my readers, and presumptuous perhaps) so I thought, I will try to give it a go and write something, even if I may cross my border of appropriate disclosure. By the way, kvd, it would be nice to get an email from you. I know you do not have it but you have the ways to find out.
                                                                 image 0
I have eventually got myself the stoics influenced coin with AMOR FATI (LOVE OF FATE) and on the other side Nietzsche’s  NOT MERELY TO BEAR WHAT IS NECESSARY… BUT LOVE IT. From the beginning I thought that it is really difficult at times to mean it and not feel that this is only wishful thinking. I wanted to be honest with my feelings.

I put the coin on my desk wondering if I can really embrace the meaning of it one day. Looks that I might be getting there. I started to experience healing events, meeting really good people, discovering people who genuinely care for me. There is a group people I can trust and I know they will always have my best interest at heart. This brings me peace and feeling of safety.  The most important relationship returned after years in a new beautiful form of trust and friendship. Many things came to me lately for which I am truly grateful.

Synchronicity? Maybe… Or maybe just seeing things in a different light. In a true light. Often, we worry about unimportant things. Value unimportant things. I believe that now I see life in the right proportions and that the most important values came to the fore.

People ask me what gives me pleasure and I think they want me to do just those things. Writing my blog is one of them and getting some comments tops it up. This is an important exchange of thoughts and makes me think that my views matter to some. If I get some questions or suggestions of a subject to write about, I will be grateful and do my best  to do just that.

4 comments:

  1. "Amor Fati":

    Nietzsche’s NOT MERELY TO BEAR WHAT IS NECESSARY… BUT LOVE IT.

    Alternatively,

    Henley's I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.

    We actually live in the inbetweenland, where nothing is absolute, except opinions, and everything is grey, except love. I wish you strength, and fortitude.

    kvd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kvd. For your wishes and for new (to me) information on Amor Fati.

      Delete
  2. I am a great believe of both Amor Fati and synchronicity. The latter keeps striking me regularly and I often blog about it as you probably have seen.

    Here is a recent one. http://www.rummuser.com/peanuts/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I have seen some of your posts on synchronicity and I was always amazed observing their occurrence and appropriateness. I am confused a bit about it all as it points to some powers I am not sure about. I think that your thoughts are better organised in this department than my own.

    ReplyDelete